Last night was an unfortunate night in my house all around.
First I will tell you the rousing story of me losing to a vacuum cleaner. I was cleaning my room up and was vacuuming around the edges of the room with just the hose so I could get my dogs little bits of kibble. I dropped the vacuum on the floor so I could pick up some clothes and I heard this sound like something was stuck in the end, I turn around thinking perhaps my dog was getting sucked into the vacuum (it could happen, she is tiny). It wasn’t my dog, it was a sock. No big deal right? Yeah that is what I thought too, until I picked up the hose to remove the sock from the end and the sock went up the hose.
This would not be a huge deal if I had a standard run of the mill vacuum cleaner that you would buy from places like Wal-Mart, but it’s not. It is a central vac, you know the kind that has a big canister in one part of the house and has the pipes running through the walls? I THINK the sock just went all the way through, at least I hope it did because I rent this house, I do not want to have to call the landlord and be like “um you know your vacuum cleaner? Yeah I broke it. Well I didn’t really break it buuuuuuuuuuut there is a sock stuck in the wall somewhere.” That would just be embarrassing. I also just want my sock back – it was one I use to work out in.. its important to me.
I am in no way a crafter, I love crafts, I love doing them but every time I finish something it looks more and more like a 5-year-old did the work and not an almost 30-year-old. However; I am currently in the process of making Christmas Presents for my mom and my gramma. My niece and I started this project in mid October so that we could have them done by Christmas, everything is right on schedule. I do not have pictures of the things because we do not want anyone seeing them and spilling the beans before Christmas, once they are with their new owners I will take pictures.
In the midst of my crafting I decided a great idea would be to get my glue gun out and glue things on to these decorations so that it wasn’t just paint, paint and more paint. This is a good idea if you are not clumsy, ridiculously accident prone, or just an unfortunate mess. I am all of these things and more. So you can imagine what may have happened. Last night while putting the final touches on one of the crafts I dropped a little fuzzy pom-pom that had HOT glue on it, not thinking I scooped it up off the kitchen table (that looks more like a kindergarten class had its way with it at the moment) with my index finger and thumb, that’s when it hit me, the hot searing pain of a fuzzy pom-pom adhering itself to my finger.
Yes you read that right I hot glued a piece of my craft to my index finger. I didn’t swear or yell though, I sat looking at it in disbelief all the while not computing that the hot glue was really burning my finger. I did finally realize what I was doing, and unstuck the item from my finger – today though I have a blister, which serves as a constant reminder that I should never be allowed to use anything that could cause bodily harm.